Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wives and Daughters


OK - here I am after two weeks and ready to post. I really can't try to rationalize why it has taken so long but I will drone on a bit about my schedule. My time here at our church, which also happens to be my paying gig has significantly increase. And, at the same time as I roll-off several of the boards I currently serve on and/or reduce my involvement I still struggle a bit with the best and maximum use of my time. Meetings, planning sessions and operational discussions tend to take their toll on the hours within a day.


This weekend I had a great time with Jill in the metroplex. I am a big fan of the Hotwire.com ability to get a 4 star hotel for almost a hand-shake and we hit that on this little trip. A great stay a the Hyatt Regency and if were not for the $30 breakfast I let myself get sucked into our total outlay would have been negligible for the overnight excursion. The primary purpose of the trip was for Jill to speak at the end-of-the-overnight "purity" event for Erica's (my daughter) youth group. I will just be upfront at how proud I am with both of them. Erica has developed a great group of kids at a start-up church in Justin, Texas. Justin is a town just north of Ft. Worth and right behind the enormous-gihugic (gie-huge-ic) Texas Motor Speedway just off of I35W. Their little church meets in a work-out gym. As you can see her group is diverse and really loves and shows that love to Erica. One can tell she loves them and is authentically concerned for them and their families. I am so proud that as she works part-time within this ministry and that it is one that pays dividends far beyond the monetary remuneration (I think that is a word - I'm also sure Kirk or someone will let me know if it is not.)
At the dinner Jill told stories and encouraged kids and their parents to be aware of the various personalities that exist within the family structure. Then, as we are aware of those personalities let our spiritual selves rise to the top and let great things happen in our lives. Jill is good - I know she is my wife and the love-of-my-life but she just has a way of connecting with people and letting that quick relationship speak to people and the needs at hand.


God has blessed me - may God bless you too!

No comments: