Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Biggest Loser Brownwood - Quest 12

Well, the best laid plans.............. My intents were to get back to blogging and the release that I tend to experience when I post here. I just read of Donna's new journey in a foreign land and had to admit to her and to any that may still read this that I am a bit jealous. I too am on a much needed journey but alas an island off the coast or Europe is not currently on the map. After several years of allowing my time and energy to be consumed by work and "stuff", I am going to get back into shape. I am admitting publicly that it has gotten out of hand and I need to get on this journey to a healthier me for myself, my family and my faith. I have joined a group from a local gym here (Fit By Faith - if you link to this be prepared to wait a moment for it to load as there is an audio testimony by it's founder) that has launched into it's second Quest 12 Challenge. (I affectionately call it "Biggest Loser Brownwood") There are 40 of us divided into four teams with each team having a trainer. We must track every piece of food that enters our mouth as well as weekly/daily exercise etc... There is a great deal of accountability and though I am not necessarily into the "cheering" that is a part of this - I am confident it will be exceptionally productive for me. I am also fortunate that my youngest, Dylon will also be joining me and he is fairly excited too. He does not need to lose the weight, but the "toning" should be good for his dating life. Jill is also attending to her health though she is not interested in everyone being up in her "kool-aid" and will be much more private about her journey.

Now, with that being said and having just consumed an apple - I am off to my first Tae-Bo class every then back to the church for a worship rehearsal and couple of meetings. My simple yet challenging goal is to lose my first 50 pounds by Christmas. This should help on our Libby Family Colorado Christmas trip!

No comments: