Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I ate an Eggroll


The holidays are here - ready or not. The past several weeks have just been an absolute whirlwind for me. We completed our 5th annual production of Handel's Messiah with a great crowd and very satisfying performance. Dr. Greg Church was our director this year along with Dr. Allen Reed as our organist. Once again I got to see a collection of regular people from churches all over our county come together and produce something extra-special. My hat (for what it is worth) is off to Dr. Church and Dr. Reed.

I went to the Texas State Volleyball championship to watch our Lady Lions compete for the first time ever at this event. This little journey snatched 8 hours out of my Saturday but was well worth seeing them play. They took home the "runner-up" trophy but wow - they have my respect and admiration.

At church we completed our 40 Days of Community with our Celebration service and then one last "re-cap" this past weekend. I don't know if I needed much encouragement to see the need for community in our lives but this certainly did reinforce my thoughts on the subject. To have people come together, grow, study and see the life of Christ in one another is so very healthy in our spiritual walk.

Today I got up early, did my morning rituals and proceeded to walk out the door. As I did it hit me - Thanksgiving is this week. Wow! Now, we have been preparing for this for several weeks. Getting the house repaired, buying food, thinking about menus, talking to all the family coming in from all over the country and then five days prior to the event it just all the sudden seems to be happening. So on the way to the office this morning - I had an egg roll.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing says holiday season like an egg roll. Wish I could've seen Messiah.
Saw your recap on youtube the other day. Very cool. Makes me miss Southside.
Have a great holiday.

Lisa said...

Deck the hars with bough of hary - far rah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah.

'Tis the season to the jary - far rah rah rah rah, rah rah rah rah.