Monday, December 8, 2008

Has Been Awhile







I have missed thinking in a mode that gets my thoughts together in such a manner that I could post them here. But, when I think I could not have more of those proverbial "irons-in-the-fire" there I go and blow myself up! We are smack-dab in the middle of our 6th community-wide musical at the Lyric with The Sound Of Music this year. We moved the normal summer production to the Christmas Season (or Holiday Season if you prefer - I'll leave this thought for another post) when our Director, Dr. Nancy Jo Humfeld took a temporary teaching position in Switzerland during the summer this year. It has been a challenge to say the least, but we have had great crowds and a good show. They are to be congratulated. There are five more performances - if you are in Central Texas this weekend you should drop in and see us. http://www.brownwoodlyrictheatre.com/

To ad to the holiday season our Senior Pastor here at Southside resigned this past Sunday. Jerry has been a real source of strength and love for our family of faith now for almost seven full years. He will be missed.

Then - it is the Season. Jill and I and the quartet I sing in has not taken on as many singing and performing gigs this year for obvious reasons. But, that has not stopped the partying!!! Partying is such a goofy term for me - but it fits.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are always busy! But I'm glad you found time to post - I've missed you. :)