Thursday, January 15, 2009

American Idol - What are they thinking!?!


I will admit I am a watcher, laugh er, "ooo & ahhhher" of American Idol. I still just get baffled at the personalities, talent (or lack there-of) that gets placed on national TV. Even watching the judges (whom do appear a bit less drunk this year) gasp at what comes out of someone's mouth is just very humorous to me.


Now - let's get a bit philosophical. Knowing full-well some just want the attention, let's skip over them and look at the ones that honestly have a perspective of themselves that is not shared by the mass public. What are they thinking? Am I so in my own little paradigm that my understanding of their perspective is not rational? For me to laugh, sometimes giggle for minutes, stop then giggle again and still just not believe that someone can have such a poor, clear understanding of their abilities in vocalization.


Well - now here I am questioning being philosophical over American Idol. I need a break and my desk certainly needs some attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it comes to the first few episodes of the AI season, I think the only appropriate question IS what are they thinking? (Somebody's granny's been braggin' on 'em, no doubt; why you are so talented, boy, you should go on the road, heh, heh.) Can't you just hear it?