Friday, January 2, 2009

Finally Back

Since mid-November the holidays have been all over the place along with additional "happenings" that kept sucking up time, energy and sometimes a spirit but 2009 is here and I think I'm ready. Just a couple of thoughts then I hope to be regular at this blogging stuff beginning next week. This Sunday our church says "good-bye" to our lead pastor of almost 7 years. He has been an amazing component to the literal transformation of a Family of Faith here in Brownwood. He (and Becky) will certainly be missed by many, including myself.






Our family just got back from a Christmas Trip/Vacation to Wichita, Kansas where my second father and mother (my wife's parents) live. After the initial travel which also happen to be on Christmas Eve following a candlelight-worship-communion service we arrived at our destination at 5:00 AM and I was TOAST! Thursday was physically rough but emotionally very rewarding. It snowed while we were there, we celebrated Dylon's 17th and Erica's 21st birthdays which was a joy. We got to rekindle some great family moments, worship at the church were Jill and I were married almost 25 years ago and just had a great time. The pictures are of that little trip. I know that Christmas for Christians is about the birth of the Savior and I don't want to minimize that at all - but, how wonderful it was to love, laugh, travel, eat, play and worship with family during this season. I am Blessed!

No comments: