Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Weepies - Life

It has been such a long time - I will work hard in this post to not lament my schedule. I will admit right up front (and have before in post) that I love to invest time & energy into my wife, kids , church and worthwhile community organizations. I am now to "step 1" in the 12 step process and am admitting that my "energy" is limited especially when it comes to actually being productive in that investment of time. Last night I rolled-off as president of our local downtown organization. During the meeting I had to acknowledge at some level that this past year of my life with all of its dynamics simply resulted in a less-than-desirable tenure as president. We (oops! I need to say "I") often want to rationalize the outcome in relationship to our (my) output and at times I had to catch myself in that rationalization.
Now as I review my work and ministry at church I have to walk that same careful line and manage my time and energy in productive, positive ways. I am so fortunate to be a part of a family of faith that wants to serve and be Christ-followers. Over the past couple of months we have been blessed to see spiritual people in our family of faith willing to minister, lead, serve just very inspirational. I just have to do my part and as Paul encourages "to the best of my ability."
So, now with step 1 behind me (kinda) my youngest man child (Dylon) has hooked me up with this new group The Weepies. I just love their folk-styled music. I am not to hip on this puppet music video, but I do love the words. Get past the puppets and listen with your eyes closed. I think you will love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More high protein, high fiber breakfast and less peanut butter and syrup, you Texan.