Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nothing Profound Here - Just Thoughts


Two of my favorite bloggers Donna and Lisa both titled recent pennings with the same phrase so I just ripped-off of them. After my last little bit thought I might just need to think a bit.


  • All of the celebrity deaths recently should get some people thinking. It has got me thinking about my age, people from the past, times long ago. I am finding myself in a bit of "where and how do I spend my days" contemplation. Jill and I will have been married 25 years in 23 days. I find myself thinking of Michael, Shelly & Vince, Eddie, Joel, Shawn and the list could go on and on - but the bigger question for me - why?

  • The weather - I realize we live in Texas but dang it is HOT! Once again I believe my age to be showing a bit, but I don't remember such heat and uncomfortableness. Now I am dreaming of rain and winter and 80 degree days.

  • Airplane crashes - it does seem as though Air Bus has some issues. I would hate to be their Public Relations Director right now.

  • My desk - filled with three old drinks from various fast-food outlets and 4 2/3's empty water bottles and a slew (how much is a "slew?) of pieces of paper that need some form of attention. (OK - just threw-away the drinks.)

  • Teenagers from all across our city just helped paint, put new siding up and simply help to clean up over-grown yards for people in our city. Doesn't this just sound like a great project to be a part of within a community.

  • July 4th is upon us - when I really think about it, we are very fortunate in America to have the freedoms we have. I am not scared, worried or distraught over decisions that are being made, even though I don't like all of them - we have the freedom to "rethink" our choices in 4 years and if I disagree with the vote I probably will not be shot for it!

  • Did I mention how hot it is in Texas?

Well - my mind is now blank and though I am having serious work motivational issues this afternoon, the need to accomplish some tasks are significant.


Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain and winter and 80 degree days? Would you settle for 72 and raining sideways? It would be a great way to escape the Texas heat.