Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glad,Tired & Frustrated




Here I am in my office on a Sunday at 3:00 in the afternoon. Now, as a general rule this is not normal for me though "normal" over the past 6 weeks is certainly subjective. When you combine my church work (paid gig) in with my community service/involvement and then a little family stuff in between it has been very hectic. As I write this now I will complete a fairly intensive 6 weeks following our final performance of "The Jungle Book." I am GLAD that I have been able to invest time, energy and ability into the past weeks endeavors and many of those endeavors have been fruitful. I am TIRED as my body fights off a summer cold and allergies which tend to rear its head when my body is physically tired. I am FRUSTRATED at what I have not been able to accomplish over the summer months - with the fall just around the corner and so much potential setting in the wings several areas that really needed attention about 4 weeks ago are now in a "do what we can" mode. I was reading a blog from Donna Posey in which she quoted her husband, Andy: "there is no need to pole vault over mouse turds." Now, I don't know about you - but I needed that!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reference Tuesday August 5 post. You know what they say, "a little leavity leavens the whole bunch..."

Lisa said...

New post... just for you. :o)