Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Oldest Turns 22


Well, time marches on! How is that for a cliche? I am proud of all my kids Jill and I have been blessed with great kids that pay attention to their spiritual life and know that their relationship to God is a top priority. Dexter, our oldest turns 22 tomorrow, August 27 (the one in pink in the pic). We are not going to get to see him (which will be a first I believe in 22 years)and I am finding that a bit tough. I did have an extended discussion with him today via facebook and we finally found a way to get a present to him in a 24 hour period and 180 miles distance but it is just not the same. He continues to invest his life in to ministry work at Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas and by his own words "loves" what he does. What more can a parent ask of God for their kids. I am blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool...HBD2U Dexter. My Dano turns 26 this Friday. Wow, we're gettin' old!!??

Lisa said...

Ah man, 22!?! Happy Birthday, Dex!