Saturday, April 12, 2008

a first for everything


I have wanted to try blogging for a while now but I have always been a little timid about the "letting everyone in my coolaid" approach to my thinking. But I do know this, that I really never know enough but still want to say, do and propagate the right stuff.
So here is my first thoughts. I determined last night after watching another "weight loss" show while eating some banana puddin' that it was time to get serious about my health and taking care of my body. I don't know quite what I am going to do in this journey but I am just putting it out there and getting the process started.
This morning at church we had our "Adopt A Spot" day where we pick up trash along our street, neighborhood and just try to help our environment a little - this is important.
I am hoping and praying that I will get better at this and that I can learn some things not only about life but spiritual issues, others and myself.
We'll see - if you are of the "praying" type, please put me on your list! Oh, by-the-way the pic above is me and the family. Probably the last you will see of me (until I have worked on that figure a bit!) As for my family, wow - I love them and they just look great to me!

2 comments:

J. Mark Miller said...

Hah! You caught the blogging bug. I've got you now.

Glad to see you joining in the fun.

Lisa said...

Ahhhh... I love this picture! I haven't seen you guys in TOO long!

And bless my soul, does Erica have straight hair!?! How is that possible? :O)