Monday, April 21, 2008


Well - here goes number 2 post and I have several thoughts. Today has been productive with computer "filing." My email that I keep had grown to well over 200 and I just had to do some housekeeping. This has also helped with my "feeling a little more productive" as well. Take this as a line of encouragement-going ahead and getting something accomplished that you stare at every day can really help you when you are or have been "motivationally" challenged.


We have been in a sermon series at church related to "faith" and this quote from Oswald Chambers that I read to day seemed most appropriate.

Faith for my deliverance is not faith in God. Faith means, whether I am visibly delivered or not, I will stick to my belief that God is love. -Oswald Chambers


Yesterday my brother, Barri lead the musical portion of our worship service. He is very high energy, a little animated and always a blessing to me and our church family. It can be humbling when people come up to me and say; "Eric, can we get him on a regular basis?" which happen multiple times yesterday.


Last night our church family went and had a great big "block party" in a low-income apartment complex in our fair city. This has to be one of the most rewarding events I have every participated in. Close to 350 people (maybe just a few more than 350) attended. As the evening progressed both the residents of the complex as well as Southside folk grew more and more comfortable with each other and relationships began to be developed. One of my prayers is that we can continue to forge these relationships as a church family. This is such a good thing!!

1 comment:

leaveittobarri said...

a little taste is always more flavorful than the regular diet. That doesn't mean it's better for you. I does make me feel good though.

Barri (the energetic, little animated brother)