Sunday, April 27, 2008

Living in the Moment


This has been an interesting weekend for me. Friday night (and Saturday) the quartet I sing with had the privilege to be a part of a "revival" service at a prison unit here in Brownwood. Dallas Huston was the preacher for both services and as always Dallas is so capable of being very authentic and laying out some very clear thoughts from scripture. On Saturday he gave some great background on David then proceeded to encourage the men of the prison on how God uses people even when they really mess up. During the evening one of the inmates sang accompanied on guitar by an amazing musician (also an inmate.) I see my week ahead wanting to look at scripture where God uses some of the most unlikely - to do some of the most amazing. I would welcome your help here, post a comment or email me - this could be interesting to get some varied opinions out there.
Also - today was a bit rainy with cool 50 degree weather, overcast. Combine that with my mom preparing Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn-on-the-cob with gravy, fruit salad and strawberry cake - and one would have thought it was Thanksgiving. At church the crowd was numerically lower than normal (I'm sure the weather played a role in this dynamic) but the time of musical worship to me was an "introspective" style focusing on the attributes of God and how He so desires a relationship with us. I attached a video of one of the numbers we did Sunday "My Creator King." Has to be one of my favorite - hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eric. That sounds like just about the perfect weekend to me. Loved your post today.