Thursday, April 24, 2008




I mentioned this yesterday but I have found over the past 24 hours this specific topic of "faith" continues to find its way into my non-church life. On a recent episode of Desperate Housewives Lynette, Felicity Huffman (who has just been through a battle with cancer and tornado - remember it is a "soap-opera") begins to recognize her (and her family's) need for something spiritual. She notices all of her neighbors headed to church on Sunday and proceeds to ask Bree, Marcia Cross if they could join them. What takes place over the course of the episode from there I think is really funny. Lynette wants and needs answers even to the point that after the minister has completed his sermon she raises her hand to ask a question - prior to the closing hymn. (It might help to know that the church she had chosen to attend was Presbyterian) Well, I say all that to say this - at the end of the show Bree after Lynette had been chided for asking so many questions related to "faith" and "spiritual stuff" Bree recognizes Lynette's need and exclaims "questions help strengthen our faith!"

Now, what does that mean to you? I am going to ponder this thought for the day and maybe post something later on - or even tomorrow. But it is an interesting question to me.

I'll leave you with this quote from Winston Churchill "Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

No comments: