Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicago Trip



I just love this opportunity that I along with some of our worship team members were able to attend the Creative Arts Conference this year at Willow Creek in Chicago. Willow Community Church is a dynamic group of people that average 26,000 each weekend and share Christ with a passion and work hard at helping those in need. I could go on here but that is enough of this church.

This conference started off with Nancy Beach, one of the teaching pastor's at the church speaking from Psalm 40:1-10 and just challenging us to recognize how blessed we are in our ministry and exhorting us in our worship to Christ. We also heard Brian McLaren (this was a very interesting interview) and then Gilles Ste-Croix of Circa de Soleil (hope I got that right.) For me it was very inspirational. Right now I am over-my-head in work to get accomplished but I'll blog about some of the sessions - most of them just marvelous, darling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like tons of fun. Who is that very sophisticated chick in the black tee who looks suspiciously like Amy?

Lisa said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Willow... you have to dish - tell us everything!