Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sometimes You Need a Parade!


I was writing this early in a post to my cousin-in-law whom is in the midst of a busy and emotionally difficult week. I lamented how I can relate at some level as my desk is completely covered in layers of paper and work to accomplish and is now spilling onto my floor as I rationalize this behavior as a means of compartmentalizing my life. Then as if a lightening bolt hit me in the head I received a phone call saying "Eric, are you coming to the parade?" I remembered that I was driving our little community train in the annually Juneteenth Celebration Parade and I was off. I'm back in the office now, still covered with all this "stuff" but feeling much better. I guess sometimes we just need a parade!

How is that for wisdom!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Tonto would say, "parade good, paperwork bad"!

Anonymous said...

Uhm, yeah...and I thought maybe you could use this guy's help. Go here: http://www.43folders.com/2008/06/17/guide-better-napping
Also, checking out the Merlin Mann video is a must for clearing off your desk. Cheers!