Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thinking about Labor Day


I often wonder how my parents "did it!" You know - working, raising kids, working, going to church, working, fixin' the car, working, cleaning the house, working, loving their kids, working, visiting family, working, having a life!! I think you get my drift. After lamenting not being with our oldest on his birthday - Jill and I decided that we would like to take a quick trip to Denton, see their new home and treat them to lunch with us. Being that I work on Sunday and we determined to do this two-days prior to the Sunday, we left after the morning worship services. Stayed at a great hotel, Hyatt Regency, north of the Metroplex that has all those little bells and whistles that you just don't find at the LaQuinta. You know - a great big fluffy bed with HD wide-screen TV - a breakfast buffet to die for and a nice little workout room (that I actually utilized.) Now, between the drivin' and the eaten' and the visitin' I am exhausted. I even attempted to take a nap on the journey home as Jill and Dylon wanted to shop a bit at a mall. It was hotter than blazes in the parking lot and the kid-yelling-filled conversion van that pulled along side of me in the parking lot did not help my disposition any. I went in the mall - got myself one of those fabulous hot cookies and a Diet Coke and shopped with the family.

Oh well - I am picking myself up today, eating a breakfast burrito (thus the reason for the picture) and getin' er done! When was Labor Day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cookie and a Diet Coke! A man after my own heart. :~)