Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Satan's Candy Bar


On my way home from this past Weekend in Dallas my plans included meeting up with my daughter Erica for a bite of dinner as she was traveling back to UNT and I on to Brownwood. I was up early (6:30) for the first session of the day and missed breakfast for obvious reasons. Then wanting to get away just a touch early from the TASB conference I skipped lunch, went to another session and headed out. I was STARVING - I found a bag of these mini-Heath bars, a candy from my teen years and I was hooked. I could not stop eating them, on and on and on and on!!!!! By the time I reached the restaurant for dinner I had consumed well over half of the bag. The chicken-taco-salad I was eating was not going to compensate for the 10,000 calories (my estimate) I had nibbled through.

I was engulfed by fear to get on the scales Sunday morning - I just knew I had allowed the Prince of Darkness to infiltrate me. Three (3) POUNDS!!! In a matter of three days and after being rather attentive to eating - 3 POUNDS! I am on a cleanse now. My sister-in-law's wedding is in four days and I am determined to lose the 3 + 4 more.

Why am I so vain???????????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thou cracketh me up. Heath ~ gotta love 'em.