Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Well this is something!


My good friend Paul Irby has a blog - though his post at times may be few and far between (he has a specific post about this dynamic) and he is on a delicate romp about this one and I must say that I agree with him. It is well worth a read and research. with a daughter that has talked of ministry within churches I have started seriously researching the issue of women in ministry from a Biblical-Historical view point. My extended family (on my wife's side) have so many women gifted and used of God I often wonder and find myself pondering how they might be used if more evangelical Christians viewed women in ministry a bit differently.

I will not rail on Lifeway Stores here - I'll let Paul do that for me. I will say this that Paul is a very well-educated West Texas Baptist Boy (his entire life) that lives in Abilene. Check Paul Irby out here.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That really stings.

I have been dealing with this for a long time. My current pastors and I disagree about it, but I have chosen to submit. After all submission is only submission when we don't agree - otherwise it's agreement.

Still it stings to know that rather than agree to disagree, the SBC and Lifeway would rather treat the issue like a issue of shame. A magazine hidden or in plain brown paper like some common girlie magazine is so unfair.

Eric Evans said...

I certainly respect your submission and as I continue to study - discover historical context of women in scripture and their significant pastoral-styled role it often make me question a great deal of the validaty of much I have listen to over the past 40 years.