Monday, September 22, 2008

Variety!!!!





This week is going to be one of the most variety-oriented weeks of the year for me. A bit like my television viewing. I will readily admit that unless I am watching an episode of "Seinfeld" for the 40th time or "I Love Lucy"- either would not be uncommon for me, I have to really "watch" or do the Tivo pause thing when necessary to really get the gist of what is taking place. Tonight's TV viewing included the ending of a Hepburn movie (Jill's favorite time in front of the TV) then "Dancing With the Stars," "Prison Break" and "Boston Legal." None of these final four have excessive redeeming qualities but they do get my mind off of the day to day thoughts that will engulf my thinking process.

The "variety" I referenced in my title this week includes; my paid gig (church work) topped with a 50's variety kick-off party (complete with sock-hop dancing, hot-rod cars, watermelon seed-spitting and Dr. Pepper drinking contest) for our churches' campaign - 40 Days of Community event. This event is simply defined as a time for us as a church community to see/experience how we as a family of faith can accomplish our spiritual lives better together. I will also attend a state-wide school board convention in Dallas, help cast 50 in our community musical production of The Sound of Music, pray for my daughter who collapsed in a 5k run in Dallas this past weekend (and ended up at Baylor Medical Center's emergency room) and seriously review the needs of our historic downtown district here in Brownwood. And to top it off I have been taking a rather humorous trip down memory lane looking through old high school pictures of plays and school friends then posting them to a class web site while having a spirited email conversation with a great friend from my teen year's job at Burger King. All in a week!?! There is a great deal going on - but at least I am not in a funk today. Go figure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all of that and you still had time for four hours of TV?