Monday, May 5, 2008

I Learned Something This Weekend

Trash - who would have thought. But this weekend, which was filled with weddings, our quartet singing at a Southern Gospel concert in Stephenville, church, my brother and family in town to celebrate Mother's Day (a week early) and my reading of this months GQ periodical. I'll not get into how my portion of the worship services went as I would need to schedule a counseling session to relieve my pain. Jill was able to go with the quartet in our singing engagement, that was a treat that does not always take place and while we were there one of the quartets (a mixture of a 14 year-old piano player to an 82 year-old retired Methodist minister) was also a treat to hear.
Now with portions of my weekend discussion behind - I also read one of the articles in GQ. Here is the link: http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_6769 It is bit long but a very interesting read on how Los Angeles is dealing with their trash issue. I find it fascinating to read how some people - obviously outside the "Christian" perspective - sense the need and responsibility we have (as top of the food chain) to be good stewards of our environment. I'll warn you ahead of time (if you read the article) there is some language in the article that would not be utilized during a church service.

No comments: