Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Weekend was a whirlwind of activity. Dylon and 46 High School band kids went to Austin for State Solo & Ensemble. His group received a "2" - that is very good for this young group of musicians. Saturday I tasted 19 different versions of Pork Spare Ribs at a local contest and there was really only one that was a little painful. I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon dealing with flooring and air-conditioning issues at our house - I hate this kind of stuff. On Sunday we had a nice service utilizing our new theatrical lighting system along with some interpretive dance, recognition of our graduating seniors and men/women that have/are serving in the military. Memorial Day itself started with a little time at Eastlawn (a local cemetery) where our quartet sang the national anthem and "America The Beautiful" for a nice service for those that have given their lives for our country. Then, on my hands and knees I scrubbed our kitchen floor. It was time!

Today - I am behind-way behind, so you have my thoughts and I leave you with this: Nothing would remain stable in human society if we determined to believe only what can be held with absolute certainty. -St. Augustine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still full Eric? I recommend Vanilla Slimfast shakes with fiber!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.