Saturday, May 17, 2008

Losing People You Love


Claudia Mulkey, my mother's sister-in-law passed away this morning. She was a wonderful lady that I can never remember not liking. This particular picture (she is the second person from the right) was taken just a few weeks ago when she insisted on attending the annual Mulkey Reunion. My mom said to me just yesterday that she was more like a sister to her than and in-law and spoke of all they would do for them in their early years of marriage. As I have seen myself she was a strong mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She invested time and energy into not just her family but also her church, community and friends. I remember when we first took Erica to school at UNT - her and Uncle Laddie provided us (and Erica) with every imaginable telephone contact for them and then proceeded to take us to dinner at Babes (a place I would highly recommend!) Her investment of time and energy into helping make the lives of others better simply put, is inspirational.

I have a friend that consistently ask people if they are a good person and then follows up the question to ensure people are more than just good people but also have an honest relationship with Jesus Christ. Well, I can say with confidence that Aunt Claudia was a Christian and lived her life in such a way that led others to want to choose to have what she had in her walk. What a testimony! Here is a song that Claudia specifically asked for her service. How appropriate is this!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Had she been ill? Praying for you with love,
lisa

Eric Evans said...

She has been battling cancer for years - going into remission more than once. Thank you for the prayers!

Anonymous said...

Eric, what a nice tribute...and blast from the past. Hard to believe the same person who did that song also did "The Streak" huh? Sorry to hear about your aunt.