Friday, July 18, 2008

Coldplay


Well, this is a new group to me (no need to tell me how "out of touch" I may be) and Erica expressed to Dylon that she wanted to take him to a Coldplay concert. So, being the nosey father I am I found some music and video and wow, I really like them. From what I can tell I like their newer stuff a little better than some of the older stuff. Well, Tim (one of the pastor's here at Southside) just came in a chided me about not knowing this group. Oh, well I'll always say, "I never know enough." Tim did say that the lead singer grew up in Christian circles. Good stuff!

6 comments:

Paul said...

So glad you are more "in touch". I haven't listened to a whole lot of Coldplay, but the songs I heard sounded kind of like a U2 rip-off. Just my limited knowledge/experienced opinion... However, they are a pretty good band.

Eric Evans said...

I have heard the same thought, but considering my limited knowledge of U2 I am taking other's words on this. Still, I really like what I hear.

Lisa said...

I like them both - Coldplay and U2. We've used songs by each of them in our services. Good stuff.

Lisa said...

Oh and kudos for being a nosey Father. Fathers ought to be nosey.

Anonymous said...

Rockin' Dad: Love Coldplay too, but I admit I haven't listened to their new CD yet. Check out the youtube video of Fix You. (I think of my brother every time I hear it).

J.Winfield said...

I know this is an old post but I just had to comment. I am going to go see them TONIGHT November 7th. So excited. They are my favorite band. Although their recent endorsement of B.O. during a SNL performance has left me a little turned off. They're not even U.S. citizens for crying out loud! Just SHUT-IT and play!