Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Something Simple

We are having what we have affectionately called a "Throwback Service - Kicking It Old School" service this week at church. We have provided those who want an opportunity to tell us about songs/scriptures that have been powerful to them over the years and we are developing a service around this component. I have been amazed at some of the variety of "old school" stuff that has been presented. Dylon said to me "are we going to get to hear some old Stephen Curtis Chapman stuff?" I kinda had to rethink a bit to get to where we are getting on this service. It has been fascinating to read scriptures that have played significant roles in the people's lives and why they have made this impact. I have not got to the last song of the service yet but I will say this - this video I have linked of Jeff Deyo leading "Bless The Lord" (not an old-school song" helps me to focus on the Christian life in worship though simple and maybe a bit redundant for some - well, it just works for me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're turning me into a Jeff Deyo fan. :o)